Tuesday, August 13, 2013

#362...craftsman bungalow door

For the past decade, I have wanted to replace the front door on our bungalow. It is a metal exterior door, hung sometime during the late 1980's and did not really go with the style of our craftsman bungalow. (That's it above). 

Our house is going to be on our neighborhood holiday home tour this year, so I decided it was time to officially put a bungalow style door on the front. Luckily, there is a shop in the neighborhood that sells reproduction craftsman doors made of fir. I had it delivered to my dining room where I set up to paint the exterior.
Last week it got hung, and while it is similar in color to the old door, it dramatically improved the craftsman aesthetic of our exterior.


Meanwhile, on the inside of the house, the old door looked like this.....
...and the new door looks like this

I am still figuring out how I want to finish the inside of the door. Currently, I have been playing with white washing it, as you can see below, but the jury is still out on the white-washing idea.


(Our old metal door went to a home in need)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it! Reminds me of our door at the Arlington house!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful door!

Connie said...

Hi Christie, I was wondering where you got your reproduction door from? Yours looks great! I live in a bungalow in the Heights and have wanted to switch my door out for some time.

Christie Chase said...

Hi Connie,
I got my door at Grogan's on Yale!

Connie said...

Thanks, Christie! I'll check them out!

Replacement Front Doors said...

what a beautiful door.

شركات خدمات منزلية said...

شركة تنظيف ببريدة