Monday, October 8, 2012

#533...grampy

My Grampy passed away yesterday at the age of 94. He was a civil engineer, a WWII Veteran, and a bird and nature lover. He met my Nana while stationed at Pearl Harbor, (she was a navy nurse also stationed there). They had 3 sons, 3 daughters, 3 son-in-laws, 2 daughter-in-laws and 16 grandchildren. I am the oldest of the the grandchildren and I feel lucky to have had him in my life for the past 37 years. He was greatly loved and will be missed. 
1980

1996

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely tribute to your beloved Grandfather. Condolences to you and your family. So happy you can continue to feel joy about the lengthly relationship you shared. With all good wishes...

Sarah Bohm said...

funny I can remember him wearing that shirt in the second picture all the time. I even think Dad had the same one.