Friday, April 20, 2012

#474...flock of triangles quilt

Back in December, I started making this quilt as a baby gift for my cousin's new baby. I'm happy to say that I finished yesterday....and am glad I got it done before the baby went off to kindergarten.
The quilt pattern is called "flock of triangles" and it is from Denyse Schmidt's  Quilt bookI've used several patterns from this book, including this stuffed cat pattern. The triangle quilt is the first quilt pattern I've tried from the book, and cutting and sewing triangles was quite a bit more labor intensive than the rectangle patterned quilts like this one that I have made in the past. I really like how it turned out and am eager to send it on its way to its new little owner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice! Hope you are feeling better these days!