Friday, July 8, 2011

#359...tattooed lion tamer

I've had a crush on fiber artist Mimi Kirchner's tattooed men, since I first saw them on design*sponge a few years ago. I've purchased a few of Mimi's doll patterns like her night friend owl and tiny world, and wish there was a tattooed man pattern to purchase. Mimi documented her process in making her tattooed dolls here and here, and following her photos, I thought I'd try my hand at making a tattoo creature of my own. I decided to make a tattoo lady instead of a man, as I am more familiar with drawing the female figure from my days of fashion sketching. I finished her up in time for the circus themed baby shower we're hosting this weekend, and set her up as lion tamer for my vintage wire lion sculpture....now she just needs a tattoo circus boyfriend....maybe someday I'll get her one of Mimi's men.




No comments: