Monday, April 18, 2011

#327...styling elfa

I have several elfa shelving systems in my home, and wrote about my fondness for them here. The unit in my back TV room looked a little boring with all of the horizontally stacked magazines & books I kept on it. I got inspired by this post that Jenny did, and decided to restyle the shelves, adding more items, and more visual interest. Here is a before and after of my elfa styling efforts.

elfa before

elfa after
On a side note, also in these pictures you can see a mini Ikea hack. For our TV media console we have two TOBO Tv Units pushed together. I painted the exterior white, and in lieu of the metal legs that come with the unit, we made some wood block legs (also painted white). The metal legs were actually too tall for our space, so we had to find an alternative.

1 comment:

Joie de Viv said...

I'm quite obsessed with having the elfa's in all of our closets. I'd never have even thought of making my own shelves! Thanks for the idea - will have to save it for a possible nursery one day!

xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com