Friday, June 18, 2010

#198...in lieu of plate ledge

I like to use these picture hanging rubber bumpers to help display plates inside cabinets that do not have a pre-routed plate ledge. It is a simpler solution and cleaner look than a bunch of plate stands. All you have to do is position your plate and stick a dot on the floor of the shelf to hold it in place. They are available at almost every hardware, home improvement & drug store in the picture hanging supply section.


My plate that I have displayed here is not really a functional plate. I bought the vintage paint by number United States cutout from something's hiding in here and decided to frame it by using artist's tape to adhere it to a thrift store platter. I think it helps make the little USA pop. It is displayed high up in one of my glass front kitchen cabinets.