Monday, January 11, 2010

#122...a bed for kitty

I found this vintage wood doll bed at a resale shop for $18 and decided that I wanted to spruce it up and give it to my niece for Christmas.

I made a little mattress, a pillow, and a quilt for the bed. I also painted an owl on the headboard to coordinate with the owls on the quilt.

I decided to make her a cat doll for her bed, as she really likes cats. I used Denyse Schmidt's pattern from this book, and you can see more cats and my notes on the pattern in a previous post here. I embroidered on the cat's stomach panel prior to sewing the cat together. Also, Denyse has the cutest Scottie Dog Pattern free on her website here!

For my sister, I decided to make her a jewelry box out of an old silver chest, as she really liked this one that I did for myself.

No comments: