Thursday, September 3, 2009

#69...DIY bridesmaid

This upcoming weekend my family will be celebrating my brother's wedding, and I thought I would share a DIY project from my sister's wedding a few years ago. My youngest sister Sarah (in the middle) and I were the maid and matron of honor, and Julie wanted our dresses to have a two tone look to differentiate us from the other bridesmaids, who wore various styles of dresses in the solid pink color. I made my dress using yardage ordered, but Sarah's dress was a store-bought strapless dress that I cut up and re-designed to include the red front detailing and strapping. I have a lot of sewing classes under my belt, so this is not a novice DIY project, but I love to re-design clothing, and this is one of my best efforts, so I thought I'd share!

1 comment:

melifaif said...

Gorge - as usual. I feel like I know the bride, but I can put my finger on it!?! You all look fabulous! Any other bride would have a heart attack thinking of "altering" dresses in such a manner, but you - you are in another category! Completely.