Wednesday, August 5, 2009

#48...faux bois obsession

I have a special love for faux bois, which you may know from my post on my faux bois paneled walls. I thought I would share another faux bois idea that is a little less bold than covering your walls. An accent piece of furniture in faux bois may be just the right amount of faux bois for you. It is a really fun painting technique, (which is probably why I keep looking for things I can try it on.) The end table featured below I found at the Goodwill in the late 90's. It has undergone a few transformations. In the before, you can see that I had it painted red for awhile. It now has an aqua and brown faux bois finish that is my favorite of the many colors I have tried on the piece.

Before

After


1 comment:

melifaif said...

Beautiful transformation. Both of them. But, I really love the feel of the turquoise and brown. You are terrific!